For Members' Teens Ages 13 to 17-yrs old
Because understanding how bank accounts and finances work will help you make better decisions related to managing your money as you become an adult.
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fees
- Only a $20 deposit required to open a checking account*
- FREE ATM/Debit card
- FREE mobile app
- FREE eStatements and online banking
- FREE checks (25 pack) each year
- Direct Deposit eligible
- $10 Good Grades Reward up to twice a year**
It’s Simple to Start!
- Select a parent or legal guardian to be joint on the account with you***
- Complete the video based Teen Financial Education courses
3. Visit a branch with your parent or legal guardian to open the Account
What to Bring to the Branch Upon Account Opening
Student and Parent or Guardian's Photo ID and Social Security Card, plus $20 for Teen Checking and $5 for Share Savings
Additional Account Information
Teen Accounts are limited in usage to $300/day total in Debit Card/ATM/Point of Sale (POS) and to 8 transactions/day.
Teen Checking converts to Regular or eChecking during the month of the students 18th birthday.
*New membership requires opening a Share Savings Account with a minimum $5 deposit
**To earn the Good Grades Reward, your report card with a minimum 3.00 grade point average must be submitted to the credit union no later than 45 days after the date of the report. Student must have a minimum of eight (8) checking account transactions
during the semester, have no NSF checks or overdrawn account activity and must be enrolled in eStatements to receive the $10 savings deposit.
***Adult or legal guardian must be an East County Schools Federal Credit Union member or eligible to become a member.
ALL East County Schools Checking Accounts include:
- Surcharge FREE Access to 30,000 Co-Op ATMS including most 7-Eleven stores
- FREE Visa Debit Card with EMV Chip Technology
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Online Bill Pay
- FREE Online Check Pay
- FREE Online Check Images
- UNLIMITED Check Writing
- FREE Point-of-Sales Cash Back
- FREE Funds Transfer to Other Bank/Credit Unions
- Overdraft Protection Options
- NCUA Insured up to $250,000
- Opening Deposit Requirement of $20.00 ***
- NO Minimum Balance Requirement
***New ECSFCU Members will also open a Share Savings Account with a $5.00 minimum opening deposit.