For Children of Members Ages 13 to 17-years-old
Because understanding how bank accounts, debit cards and finances work will help you make better decisions related to managing your money as you become an adult.
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fees
- Only a $20 deposit required to open a checking account*
- FREE ATM/Debit card
- FREE mobile app with card lock and check deposit features
- FREE eStatements and online banking
- FREE checks (25 pack) each year
- Direct Deposit eligible
- $10 Good Grades Reward up to twice a year**
It’s Simple to Start!
- Select a parent or legal guardian to be joint on the account with you***
- Visit a branch with your parent or legal guardian to open your account
- What to bring:
Adult: Legal Photo ID such as Drivers License
Teen: California ID Card or Drivers License or Social Security Card
$25 to open (or more): $5 for the Share Savings Account and $20 for the Teen Account
We encourage your teen to complete the six five-minute modules on Checking Accounts, Credit Cards, Creating a Budget, Credit Scores, Healthy Financial Habits and Mobile & Online Banking. Click on the link below.
ALL East County Schools Checking Accounts Include:
- Surcharge FREE Access to 30,000 Co-Op ATMS including most 7-Eleven stores
- FREE Visa Debit Card with EMV Chip Technology
- FREE Mobile App with card lock option
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Online Bill Pay
- FREE Online Check Pay
- FREE Online Check Images
- UNLIMITED Check Writing
- FREE Point-of-Sales Cash Back
- FREE Funds Transfer to Other Bank/Credit Unions
- Overdraft Protection Options
- NCUA Insured up to $250,000
- Opening Deposit Requirement of $20.00 (plus $5 to open a share account)
- NO Minimum Balance Requirement
Additional Account Information
Teen Accounts are limited in usage to $300/day total in Debit Card/ATM/Point of Sale (POS) and to 8 transactions/day.
Teen Checking converts to Regular or eChecking during the month of the member's 18th birthday.
*New membership requires opening a Share Savings Account with a minimum $5 deposit
**To earn the Good Grades Reward, your report card with a minimum 3.00 grade point average must be submitted to the credit union no later than 45 days after the date of the report. Student must have a minimum of eight (8) checking account transactions
during the semester, have no NSF checks or overdrawn account activity and must be enrolled in eStatements to receive the $10 savings deposit.
***Adult or legal guardian must be an East County Schools Federal Credit Union member or be eligible to become a member.