What does East County Schools Federal Credit Union Do With Your Personal Information?
View our Complete Privacy Notice
General Policy Statements
It is the policy of East County Schools Federal Credit Union to recognize and respect each member's privacy and their expectation of privacy regarding their financial information with this credit union. We understand consumer's concern on how their information is collected, used and distributed. This policy is to address those concerns and solicit their continuing trust and confidence in us. This policy is also complying with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Act) as required by all federally insured credit unions.
One of the main concerns is the use of non-public personal information once it has been collected and the original transaction completed. Our credit union uses the information only to the extent necessary to carry out our daily business activities and to provide services and other opportunities to our members. We do not have any affiliates. We acquire and keep only that information that we have a reasonable use for or may support current or planned activities.
Information We Collect
During the course of business we collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, e-mails, and other forms and documents such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, income, social security number;
- Information about your transactions with us such as your credit card usage, your payment history or parties to the transaction;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as your creditworthiness and credit history;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms (this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions) such as your payment history, information concerning your transactions and income;
- Information obtained from consumer purchasing and census data providers, marketing researchers and public records such as demographic information;
- Information obtained from our sponsoring company(ies) about potential members such as your name, address, and social security number.
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
Information We Share
We may share some or all of the information described above with non-affiliated third parties under the following conditions:
- As necessary to help complete a transaction. This would include sharing information with companies that assist us in administering and bringing you our products and services such as check and statement printing companies and data processing companies. The information shared typically includes information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct our operations, follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of our financial records.
- To companies that perform marketing to offer our products and services to you on our behalf, such as mailing houses that assist us in delivering your statements and other promotional materials. We have agreements with these companies that prohibit them from disclosing or using the information other than for providing these services.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies such as insurance companies. We have agreements with these companies that prohibit them from
disclosing or using the information other than for providing these
- To consumer and credit reporting companies;
- To non-affiliated third parties as permitted or required by law;
- To non-affiliated third parties at the member's consent or request.
Before entering into relationships with outside entities, we require them to agree to safeguard our members' information and to comply with all applicable privacy laws.
We may also disclose non-public personal information about you to other non-affiliated third parties not described above as permitted by law.
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. If you ever find out that your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please contact us at the address or telephone number shown on your statement. We will correct your information and maintain it in a complete and accurate manner. Personal information will not be improperly altered or destroyed. Security standards and procedures are in place to both maintain the records and prevent unauthorized disclosure of information. East County Schools Federal Credit Union employees will only have access to member information as "need-to-know" basis. Our Credit Union trains and educates our employees on the importance of maintaining member privacy and trust and does periodic monitoring and training to ensure their compliance.
We reserve the right to revise our policy as our business needs change or as the law requires. If we revise our policies, we will provide our active members with copies of our new policies at that time.
The credit union recognizes its responsibility to provide an initial and annual notice of its privacy policies and practices to each of its members.