Overdraft protection protects against NSF fees and embarrassment associated with "bounced checks". You can select another checking, share, money market, personal line of credit, or home equity loan to be used for automatic transfer in the event funds are not available to pay an item.
New checking accounts are automatically enrolled with Savings as the designated Overdraft Protection source unless requested otherwise. To make changes or add additional sources for Overdraft Protection, call our branch at 619-588-1515 or stop by a branch.
How Does Overdraft Work?
- Your checking account is linked to another East County Schools account such as savings, money market, a separate checking account, or a personal line of credit.
- If you have an overdraft, the credit union will automatically transfer money into your checking account from the linked account to cover the amount of the overdraft.
- Protects check and debit card transactions, ATM withdrawals, online bill payment and automatic/recurring debit payments.
- Transfers cost one $2.00 fee/day (up to allowed 6 transfers)
- No fee to enroll and no charge if you never make an overdraft
- You may select two overdraft accounts
- Overdraft transfers are made in $100* increments (or account balance if under $100)
- Money market and share overdraft transfers are limited to 6 per month **
- Overdraft transfers from a personal or home equity line of credit will be completed up to available line of credit
How to get Overdraft on My Account
Overdraft Protection is automatic, unless you decline or don't set it up at the time of account opening. If you would like Overdraft Protection, or confirmation that you have it, contact a branch or call (619) 588-1515.
* Overdraft transfers from home equity accounts are made in increments of $500.
** In compliance with Reg D.