Updated May 19, 2021
The El Cajon branch lobby is open for our member-owners to come inside with a well fitting mask, per San Diego County and the State of California Health guidelines. We are open our regular hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Our staff takes this pandemic very seriously and we value the health concerns of all member-owners and staff. If you come to the branch in person:
- Well-Fitting Face Masks are required for entry inside our building, no exceptions
- Our restrooms will be closed to member-owners (Target next door does have them open)
- Plexiglass shields are in place at all our teller, new account and loan officer stations
- No handshakes or hugs right now (we miss it too)
- Please respect the floor signs indicating where to wait for service and how far back to stand from our teller stations, and sit from our New Account and Loan desks.
- Our front door will be ENTRANCE ONLY and our side door will be EXIT ONLY
- We provide hand sanitizer in our lobby and encourage you to use it
For everyone's safety, please stay home if you have been exposed, or if you have any Covid-19 symptoms. We answer our phones, and offer most services through Online and Mobile banking, 30,000 CO-OP ATMs and 17 San Diego County Shared Branches to keep you connected to your finances.
If you experience a hardship, East County Schools offers relief options that may help such as Personal Loans, Credit Cards and Lines of Credit. Please call or text us at (619) 588-1515 for assistance.
If you need assistance with mobile or online banking, or have any other needs, our staff remains available by phone via text or phone call at 619-588-1515 or via online message to help you in any way that we can.
Don't be a Fraud Victim
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been a windfall for fraudsters who invent scams faster than many can figure them out. Help yourself, your teens, your parents and loved ones navigate what is credible and what is a scam.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has a very credible and thorough website with a lot of helpful information including:
- Learn how to tell the difference between a real Covid-19 contact tracer and a scammer. Legitimate tracers need health information, not money or personal financial information.
- Don’t respond to texts, emails or calls about checks from the government. Here’s what you need to know.
- Ignore offers for vaccinations and home test kits. Scammers are selling products to treat or prevent COVID-19 without proof that they work.
- Be wary of ads for test kits. Most test kits being advertised have not been approved by the FDA, and aren’t necessarily accurate.
- Hang up on robocalls. Scammers are using illegal robocalls to pitch everything from low-priced health insurance to work-at-home schemes.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the CDC or WHO. Use sites like coronavirus.gov and usa.gov/coronavirus to get the latest information. And don’t click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations. Never donate in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money.
Credible Covid-19 information sources also include:
Federal Trade Commission website https://www.ftc.gov/coronavirus/scams-consumer-advice
Internal Revenue Service website https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-warns-against-covid-19-fraud-other-financial-schemes
Centers of Disease Control website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
San Diego website https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus/
Economic Impact (stimulus) Checks
Visit https://www.IRS.gov website to track the status of your stimulus check.
Use the East County Schools Mobile App to remotely deposit your check.
There are many reasons why you may not have received a direct deposit, if you were expecting an Economic Impact Payment (stimulus) check. Visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment for more information. If you have not received an IRS refund in the last two years, you will need to input your Financial Institutions Routing Number (East County Schools FCU routing number is 32276509) and your Account Number.
Your Money is Safe Here
Did you know that not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union like East County Schools Federal Credit Union? Your deposits are fully insured up to $250,000 at East County Schools FCU. The National Credit Union Administration has a plethora of information for members about your finances and about COVID-19 resources. They are a trusted source. https://www.ncua.gov/coronavirus